"Traveler, there is no road. The road is created as we walk it together."
"Lesson study encompasses a large family of instructional improvement strategies, the shared feature of which is observation of live classroom lessons by a group of teachers who collect data on teaching and learning and collaboratively analyze it."
Lesson study is professional development model that develops these practices:
- Educators involved in collaborative planning
- Educators discussing goals for students and content
- Educators researching available units, lessons and resources
- Educators building and implementing lessons together
- Educators observe lesson together
- Educators collect data from lessons
- Educators collaboratively analyze data
- Educators implement changes to practice to improve learning and teaching
The following resources introduce lesson study in more detail including some guiding questions for your team.
|Introduction to Lesson Study PowerPoint||389.5 KB|
|Introduction to Lesson Study||38.5 KB|
|Study Group Discussion Questions||26 KB|
|Collegial Conversations Model||39 KB|